This page contains detailed information on the student selection process to the UAS Pathway programs.
The application process consists of three steps.
1. Online Application
You must fill out an online application form and attach the required documents, a copy of your passport or other ID and a copy of your final secondary school certificate (or equivalent).
2. Online Interview and Motivation Letter
After the documents are checked, you will be invited to an online interview. Before the interview, you will also be asked to write a motivation letter. Note that, if English is not your first language, your proficiency in English will be checked during the interview.
3. Study Fee
After successfully completing the first two steps, you are invited to join the UAS Pathway program. Then, you only need to pay the study fee before starting your studies in September, 2022.
Tuition fee for the UAS Pathway Studies to Finland program (60 ECTS) is 6,000 EUR (including VAT).
The application period has now ended.
Times and Dates
Here are some important times and dates for applying to the UAS Pathway programs in spring 2022.
- Online application is open from April 11 to May 27, 2022.
- Second application period runs from July 25.
- Student selection results are published by August 24.
- Online interviews are held in May, 2022.
- Student selection results from the first application period are published by June 16, 2022 at the latest.
- Study place must be accepted by August 1, 2022.
- Study fee must be paid by August 11, 2022.
- The UAS Pathway study period runs from September 2022 to May 2023.
When applying for UAS Pathway programs, you must hold such school-leaving certificates that would make you eligible for applying to higher education in your home country.
If English is not your first language, you also need to demonstrate your proficiency in the language during the online interview.
You are eligible for applying, if you have completed one of the following:
- Foreign qualification providing eligibility for higher education in the country in question
- Studies required for graduating from Finnish upper secondary school
- Finnish Matriculation Examination
- International Baccalaureate Degree (IB)
- European Baccalaureate Diploma (EB)
- Reifeprüfung (RB) or Deutsches Internationales Abitur Degree (DIA)
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, Postgraduate Degree, or Doctoral Degree
Each applicant’s eligibility will be verified during the application process.
Refugees and Asylum Seekers
If you are a refugee, have a status comparable to a refugee, or are an asylum seeker and thus unable to verify your previous degree, we may still invite you to the online interview. Please explain your situation in your online application.
After the UAS Pathway Studies
The Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences taking part in the program have a selected number of study places available for those who have successfully completed the UAS Pathway program. After the Pathway year, the tuition fee and scholarship policy depend on each university’s own policy. In the separate application, you can choose the universities you want to apply to.
Applying to Degree Programs
Students who have completed at least 40 ECTS with an average grade of ≥3,0 (grading scale 1-5) are eligible for applying to degree programs in spring 2023. Results of the selection process will be made public by June 15, 2023.
The Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences taking part in the program have a selected numbers of study places available for those who have successfully completed the UAS Pathway program.
If you have not completed enough ECTS or your average grade falls below 3,0, you can still apply to degree studies in the normal joint application process.
All students taking part in the UAS Pathway program that choose to continue to degree studies will be accredited with the courses and ECTS they have completed during the UAS Pathway program.